12.05.2008

Found Art Fridays:12-5-08

Art History Pop Quiz...or something. Today is a random Friday so you get a random found art selection. just some cool stuff I be findin on the webs. 

All you art school kids, quick what is this ad (possibly not an ad?) modeled after?*


raft of the medusas
*answer at the bottom!

banksy quote
This made me sit back, reread, and contemplate.

fries lust
...need i say anything?

boomboxxx
this just really appeals to me for a few reasons. the colors, the angles drawing my eyes around the page..(i paid all that money just to learn words like 'juxtaposition' and 'rectalinear'. sighh...)

awesome doc
Say what you will, but this image got me wide eyed for a second. I mean look at it, it even has a Dr.Robotnik head. Amazing.

make ur own noise
hehe. i love those handheld keyboard thingies...so much.

ill med
The medical illustrator in me is all about this.

photoshop evolution
Just so we can realize how good we have it - Photoshop's evolution.


And now, the moment we've all been waiting for. Or have completely forgotten was coming...
original raft
*The answer is "Raft of the Medusa" by Theodore Gericault. 1818-19.

This thing is life sized yall. And this actually happened when some inept French captain let it happen. Most of them died (yes, there was cannibalism) and it was a huge scandal at the time, so this is like a huge gigantic tabloid. um...high romantic art, I mean. Read more
here

Have a great weekend! - VinKong

No comments: